Business from the Heart Speaker Purchase Agreement
This Purchase agreement outlines the terms upon which your agreement is made. Please read this document carefully. If you do not understand it, or do not accept any part of it, then do not proceed without clarification.
This Speaker agreement has been entered into as of the purchase date between the following entities, collectively known as “the Parties”:
Between you, the purchaser, further referred to as “(Speaker)” and Your Holistic Earth Inc., further referred to as “(Organizer)” and Business from the Heart, further referred to as “(Event)”
This document is a legally binding sponsorship agreement between the above-listed parties.
Purpose of the Agreement
Organizer wishes to engage the Speaker to present at Business from the Heart on October 21 st , 2022. This document confirms the Speaker will abide by the rules and regulations set forth in this agreement. By accepting these terms, you have agreed to provide such services according to the terms set forth below:
1. RULES AND REGULATIONS: The Speaker agrees to abide by all regulations and rules adopted by Organizer in the best interest of the Event and agrees that the Organizer shall have the final decision in adopting any rule or regulation deemed necessary before, during and after the Event. All Speakers will be required to observe such further rules and regulations as Organizer may consider it necessary to impose for the success, safety and well-being of the Event, Speakers, and attendees of the Event. Failure to comply with any terms of this contract will result in the Speaker and/or the Speaker’s staff being removed from the Event and forfeiture of the Speaker’s space without any monetary refund upon the Event’s discretion. If the Speaker does not appear or perform to the terms of this Agreement, then the speaker shall be responsible for the payment of all damages, costs and expenses that were brought upon the Organizer due to the
Speaker not showing up for the presentation. The Organizer shall not be responsible for any refund if the Speaker fails to give the presentation due to conditions that are beyond the control of the Speaker, for example, medical disability and or an act of God that is outside of the Speaker’s control.
2. AGREEMENT: The Speaker shall present a 20-minute maximum, (unless alternative arrangements have been made), interactive talk and cannot go over the allotted time and have no obligation with regard to such presentation, as a result of this Agreement to anyone other than the Organizer. The Speaker is not allowed to sell from the stage. The presenter will be provided with the opportunity to share a free offer. The Speaker agrees to pay the Organizer a speaker fee plus applicable taxes by credit card, or e-transfer to: [email protected]. The speaker fee is eligible for a refund as outlined in #3 Tickets. The speaker fee includes your ticket to the Conference portion of the Event. Speaker agrees to complete the Speaker Application Form provided. To include but not
limited to talk title, biography, professional headshot, social media links, and website, this is not an exhausted list for the purpose of marketing/promotional purposes. As part of this Agreement and a member of the Event, Organizer commits to providing all of the following promotional and marketing value to Speaker: inclusion of Speaker photos, biography, promotion on social media platforms, and Event website.
3. TICKETS: The Speaker has the option (although highly encouraged) to sell tickets at face value through the online affiliate link that will be provided by the Organizer. This personalized link will be used to track any ticket sales.
The Speaker may sell tickets to qualify for a refund of their speaker fee. For ticket sales to qualify, they must be purchased through the Speakers personalized affiliation link. No exception will be made.
Tickets sales must reach a total of the speaker fee in net sales, excluding applicable taxes and fees to receive a Speaker fee refund. Speakers that have ticket sales that meet or exceed the Speaker Fee in net sales, will receive a full refund after the event. There will be no partial refunds.
Should the Speaker exceed the sales of the outlined presentation fee, Your Holistic Earth Inc. will provide a 15% commission on net sales associated with the Speakers’ affiliate link. A Speaker may only receive the ticket sale commissions once the Speaker Fee in net sales has been reached. For ticket sales to qualify, they must be purchased through the Speaker’s personalized affiliation link. No exception will be made.
If the Speaker sells the required number of tickets and satisfies the outlined agreement, the Organizer will refund the Speaker Fee + GST and any additional commissions within 30 business days of the event closing. The Organizer reserves the right to close ticket sales at any time. Note there will be no partial refunds.
4. PROMOTION: The Speaker agrees to send out a minimum of 3 emails to their database in promotion of the event and make a minimum of 3 social media posts, tagging Your Holistic Earth Inc. @yourholisticearth
5. REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: All payments of the Speaker fee are 100% non-refundable and it is the Speaker’s responsibility to assure that they have obtained appropriate insurance to cover any unexpected occurrences that may affect their ability to attend. All cancellations must be in writing. All cancellations once accepted are firm.
6. DAMAGE OR LOSS: Speaker will be liable for and will indemnify and hold harmless Organizer from any loss of damages suffered by the Event as a result of any loss or damages whatsoever occurring to or suffered by any person or company, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Speaker and staff of the Speaker, other Speakers, Organizers, Event, Sponsors, and attendees of the Event. Organizer assumes no responsibility for loss or damage of goods before, during or after the Event. Organizer is hereby expressly released and discharged from any liability from any loss or damages.
7. EXCLUSIVITY: Organizer does not provide Speakers with exclusivity to any particular product or service unless specifically negotiated in writing through Sponsorship.
8. RESPONSIBILITY & PRIVACY: Speakers are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws with respect to products and services. Speaker agrees to abide by all federal and provincial laws regarding the collection of personal information, including but not limited to, abstaining from the sale, service or sharing of personal information to a third party.
9. PHOTO/ VIDEO RELEASE: I hereby give Organizers and Event permission to use the photography and video images of myself for marketing and communication purposes such as but not limited to, advertising, promotions, displays, websites, newsletters, and brochures for the promotion and conveying of information pertaining to the Business from the Heart Conference and Gala and Your Holistic Earth Inc.
The Speaker hereby agrees to enter into this Speaker agreement by accepting the terms and conditions presented.